Chris Sutherland, along with his Father Robert Sutherland, founded Sutco Contracting LTD in 1995 with one logging truck and vision of maintaining a family oriented business while becoming the transportation specialists for their customers.
From those humble beginnings, and armed with determination, a strong work ethic, and an ability to foresee the future demands of a growing customer base, Sutco quickly expanded.
General freight, heavy haul, wood residual hauling and freight brokering are now the mainstays of Sutco.
However, as the transportation needs of Sutco’s customers evolve they continue to seek new and better ways to maintain their commitment to being transportation specialists.
Sutco remains family owned and operated, and proudly serves all of North America using the same determination, values, and work ethic it was founded on over 20 years ago.
Sutco continues to maintain its head office in Salmo, BC with a large support office/terminal located in West Kelowna, and additional terminals in both Chilliwack, and Creston, BC.
Sutco’s management team prides itself on providing a friendly and safe work environment for all Sutco employees and realizes its employees are by far its biggest and most crucial asset needed for continued success.
To be YOUR Transportation Specialists!
As your transportation specialists, Sutco is dedicated to providing an industry leading level of professionalism aimed at ensuring the satisfaction, safety, and success of its employees, community members and business partners.
- We are committed to the success and satisfaction of our team members by continuing to invest in training and personal development.
As our most valued asset we recognize our employees are integral to the success of our organization, therefore we support a healthy work life balance and a host of career advancement opportunities.
- We are committed to excellence in customer service by providing a diversified service designed to meet or exceed the dynamic needs of our customers.
- We are committed to diversity and equality in our organization.
- We are committed to expanding our company in a conscientious and sustainable way ensuring long term success and profit in all divisions.
- We are committed to conducting ourselves in a professional manner, supporting and protecting the family values our company was built on.
- We are committed to building relationships with our business partners through open and honest communication ensuring lasting partnerships.
- We are committed to being industry leaders through continuous innovation benefiting our employees, customers, communities and the environment.